CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

DEMO!

We've been demolishing our house. It took me a minute to figure out how to do demo, it probably sounds like a such an obvious thing to all of you, but it wasn't natural for me. After Chase showed me how to "wail" on the walls, demo went a little faster.
This one is me giving it my best effort.
We were in the middle of building a porch before Chase hurt his shoulder. It was exciting, but now we can't use our front door until it's finished (it's been two weeks now).
Things are moving along, pretty fast if you consider the fact that Chase is only 3/4 of a person right now and I don't know what I'm doing. We're enjoying other aspects of summer too. Enoch discovered the blackberry bushes in the backyard a couple weeks ago. Now, every time we go in the backyard, he B-lines for the bushes.
We had the very fortunate opportunity to go to NYC for the fourth of July. This is our little family watching the Macy's firework show...in the rain.
That day we had gone to central park where we found street performers, jazz music, lots of bicyclists and...a WATER FOUNTAIN! Enoch spent the rest of the day drying off. Before we came home we went to see the statue of liberty and walked through the Ellis Island immigration center. Very cool.
We are all doing well. This week Chase is out-of-town counseling at a summer camp for students interested in medicine. Enoch and I are alone in our broken home, but have lots of fun stuff planned to keep us busy. We're excited to see everyone. We love you.

2 comments:

mkchilds said...

Thanks for the update! Chase were have you gone?? You are so so so skinny!!! you look awesome too Missy! I need you here to help me!! I cant wait to see you! Way to go missy on your construction!! Demo is my favorite!!

Grover Momma said...

What a fun update! I totally understand the whole sheetrock dust thing. I can't wait to see it all done. ( you too?) I love the picture of Enoch and the berry face. That is darling! Love to you all mom